Keeping Our Community Safe
To meet our aim of keeping everyone safe Bankfields Primary School will:
- Ensure that pupils are aware, through e-safety education, of the potential e-safety risks associated with the use of computers/devices.
- Ensure that all e-safety concerns are dealt with sensitively and effectively and that pupils feel able and safe to report incidents, in line with our e-safety reporting procedures.
- Support staff in the use of ICT as an essential tool for enhancing learning and in the embedding of e-safety across the whole school curriculum.
- Report back to parents / carers regarding e-safety concerns. Parents/carers in turn work with the school to uphold the e-safety policy.
- Seek to learn from e-safety good practice elsewhere and utilise the support of relevant organisations.
- Provide opportunities for parents/carers to receive e-safety education and information to enable them to support their children in developing good e-safety behaviour.
Here are links to useful websites where you can learn more about being safe on the Internet:
Information for Parents and Carers
Think U Know
Internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16. This is produced by CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
Internet safety programme for children.
ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK
Know IT All
Useful advice for keeping people safe on the Internet.
Helps to prevent child abuse and bullying.
Free advice on how to stay safe online
Information for Children:
Support for Parents
Staff at Bankfields Primary School are happy to support you in any way possible with ensuring your children are safe on the internet. Please do not hesitate to come and talk to us about any concerns you may have in this area.